One of North America’s Top Locations for Investment and Development
The Windsor-Essex region sits within a day’s drive of over half of the North American population. The region is home to a diversified and innovative workforce with demonstrated capacity in automotive, advanced manufacturing, agri-business, life sciences, and food processing operations and provides extensive expertise in Education and R&D.
Housing and land costs are among Canada’s most affordable – roughly half of Toronto prices – and commercial and industrial space are both available and affordable, by any standard.
Our location, deep in the heart of North America, makes us an excellent location for multi-modal logistics. With direct access to continental air and rail systems, major land routes and deep-water ocean ports, we’re an ideal point of interchange for North American logistics operations.
Windsor-Essex features Ontario’s balmiest weather, with average daily temperatures above 10°C (50°F) seven and half month of the year – perfect for golfing, gardening, boating and much more. Agriculture and award-winning wine making are major industries.
For those looking for urban pursuits, the area offers major league sports, world-class gaming, big-name stage performances, and international art exhibits in several galleries.
What you need to know about Windsor-Essex:
- The Windsor-Essex region is strategically located on the Canada/U.S. border.
- Roughly half of the North American market – 125 million people are within an easy day-drive reach.
- The area is seamlessly connected to the world via all major modes of transportation.
- Housing and industrial land acquisition costs are among the lowest in Canada.
- An abundance of highly skilled and motivated workers ensures smooth, sustained operations.
- Our healthcare system alleviates the heavy costs faced by employers in U.S. and other jurisdictions.
- A network of safe communities with a low crime rate and an attractive choice of urban/rural options.
- Excellent local schools, from primary through post-secondary, including doctoral programs.
- Reliable access to natural resources, water, power and a stable infrastructure throughout the region.