Integrated Community Services
Direction. Planning. Coordination.
The mandate of the WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation is to provide the following valuable services to the Windsor-Essex Region.
- To attract new business, capital investment and other assessment and employment-creating enterprises
- To aid in the strengthening, diversification and growth of existing business
- To maintain an attractive business and economic environment through constant contact with the appropriate government agencies and community groups
- To promote the region as a desirable location
Supporting Windsor-Essex Region Businesses
- Resolve conflicts and issues
- Connect businesses and government bodies
Assisting Windsor-Essex Region Companies to Expand Locally and Internationally
- Facilitate strategic relationships with government and foreign offices
- Identify and match export/import opportunities with local and foreign companies
- Support key trade missions
Delivering Business Investment Services
- Customized site selection assistance
- Provide information for industrial and commercial land development
- Address community-related factors critical to business investment decisions
Providing Regional economic data
- Provide up-to-date information on the Windsor-Essex Region's key sectors as outlined in the Windsor-Essex Regional Economic Roadmap.
- Evaluate issues critical to the Windsor-Essex Region's economic development competitiveness
- Identify trends and target opportunities for business development
- Compile key statistics on economic indicators
- Provide a Manufacturer's Directory, an online search tool for Windsor-Essex Region manufacturers and the companies in need of their services
- Provide community and lifestyle information
The WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation provides leadership, strong business connections to the community and overall coordination for economic development activities in the Windsor-Essex Region.
We're committed to marketing the Windsor-Essex Region's competitive advantages and pro-business climate across Canada and around the world. Working closely with stakeholders from business, the community and government, our job is to capitalize on the Windsor-Essex Region's abundant advanced manufacturing skills and entrepreneurial spirit to facilitate sustainable economic growth.
The WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation is managed by an independent board of directors.