Apparel Career Focus Program
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Source: Jeanine Lassaline-Berglund via iMiN
Apparel Connexion and HRSDC are pleased to announce the renewal of the Apparel Career Focus Program effective in June, 2014 up to March 31st, 2015. Members of APPAREL CONNEXION or CANADIAN APPAREL FEDERATION will have priority.
This year, the Apparel Career Focus Program offers salary subsidies of up to $15,000 per participant.
Main Rules and Conditions:
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- must be post-secondary graduates (college or university) and must work in their field of study;
- must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive);
- must be out of school;
- must not be beneficiary of employment insurance;
- must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in;
- must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Employers must provide participant with opportunities for full-time work (i.e. at least 30 hours per week) for a minimum of 3 months;
- The total amount of the wage subsidy cannot exceed 50% of the salary, to a maximum of $15,000.
Eligible positions may include: information technology application (e.g.: marker making, e-commerce, web), industrial or mechanical engineering, production machinery repair and maintenance, production supervision and management (assistant), quality assurance, design (using a CAD station), retail, financial/accounting and so on;
Employers must have a nepotism policy in place with regards to participants.This program is not intended for existing employees of the employer.
The following information/documentation will also be required:
- a copy of the candidate's diploma,
- a copy of the candidate's birth certificate (or any official document confirming date of birth),
- a copy of the candidate's resume,
- the Participant Information Form completed and signed by the candidate,
- the Attestation Form completed and signed by the employer,
- the Apparel Connexion Application Form completed and signed by the employer,
- NOTE: Employers must submit their application to the program prior to hiring the candidate.
To request the forms, or for any question or comment, please do not hesitate to contact:
Camille Lafontaine-Tardif (Project Manager)
Tel: (514) 388-7779 x102