COVID-19 Update & Free Education Resources - TWEPI
Friday, March 27, 2020
Tourism Windsor Essex Newsletter
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we also know that it is important to share the good news of our community, and the great things our partners are assisting with.
We’ve gathered a highlight of some of the great stories below for you to read (and share):
- Hiram Walker & Sons converting their distillery space from alcohol to hand sanitizer. Read the article here.
- A local dentist using 3D printing to make N95 masks. Read the article here.
- Wolfhead Distillery working with the University of Windsor to create hand sanitizer. Read the article here.
- St. Clair College has donated equipment from its Health Sciences program to local hospitals. Read the article here.
In partnership with Mayor Drew Dilkens, we also launched #TakeoutTuesday to encourage locals to order take-out or delivery service from local restaurants throughout Windsor Essex that are still providing this service. Our next #TakeoutTuesday is Tuesday March 31st. Click here to see this week's participating restaurants.
Our EPIC Wineries have also created #WineOrderWednesday and the opportunity to order wine from our award winning wineries along the Lake Erie North Shore. Select wineries in the region are doing door-to-door service to maintain people's social distancing status. You can click here to see participating wineries.
Last week we told you about #YQGStandsStrong – a campaign with our Regional Alliance partners including: City of Windsor, County of Essex, WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation, Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce, WE-Tech Alliance, Workforce Windsor-Essex, Small Business Centre, St. Clair College, University of Windsor. The campaign is designed to continue share the good news stories about our region.
You can still engage with the campaign in several ways, including:
• Sharing stories and photos online using #YQGStandsStrong
• Downloading a poster or image here and posting it in your home or business window to show your support
• Participating in our online contest and share your favourite pictures of the region
You can see some of the #YQGStandsStrong images by clicking here – keep sharing the message across our region.
Each week moving forward the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO) will be hosting a conference call to highlighting industry concerns and update from our provincial and federal partners. The next call is taking place on Wednesday April 1st at 2:30pm. Call in details will be posted next week at visitwindsoressex.com/covid19.
Our partners at Ontario Southwest (SWOTC) have partners to put together the Panel-Palooza Pivot Series webinars on the following days. Each of these sessions are FREE. Any questions in relation to this series can be directed to email@example.com.
- Take-in Restaurant Ideas Tuesday March 31st, 10am
- Online Relationships Wednesday April 1st, 10am
- From Farm to Table Thursday April 2nd, 10am
In addition, the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce is hosting 4 FREE interactive webinars. Hear from special guests, get the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 and learn about assistance programs, funding opportunities and best practices to keep your business, organization and team safe. Guests include:
- Rocco Rossi, President Ontario Chamber of Commerce - Monday March 30th at 2:30pm
- Allison Hawks (Hawkins & Co. Accounting) and Nancy Jammu-Taylor (McTague Law Firm) - Tuesday March 31st at 2:30pm
- Brian Masse, MP Windsor-West and Lisa Gretzky, MPP Windsor-West - Wednesday April 1st at 2:30pm
- Peninsula Canada - Friday April 3rd at 2:30pm
For more education resources, including access to Q&A from previous TIAO calls, or to read the response from this weeks industry tele-conference call with Minister Lisa MacLeod of the Heritage, Sport, Tourism & Culture Industries please click visitwindoressex.com/covid19.