IEDC 2018 Economic Future Forum
June 24 - 26, 2018
Sunday, June 24, 2018
Join WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation's, Chief Executive Officer, Stephen MacKenzie on Monday, June 25th at IEDC's 2018 Economic Future Forum held in Buffalo, NY. Mr. MacKenzie will be presenting at the session below:
Innovating Beyond Borders
The increasing globalization of innovation is forcing regions to think beyond their borders. However, borders remain a barrier, even for neighboring regions. Many regional strategies don't take this lucrative cross-border dimension into account, constituting missed opportunities.
Collaborating with cross-border neighbors can serve as a catalyst to creating a global presence, expanding commerce, tech commercialization, jobs creation, and increasing economic impact. Partnering beyond borders also heightens political strength given that funding at the national level for most countries, and the allocation of resources often stop at the border.
This free flowing roundtable type discussion will equip participants with implementable tools and actionable insights for the creation of a cross-border ecosystem.
What you will learn:
- How to gather key stakeholders to the table for discussions on the benefits of cross-border collaboration
- How to assess cross-border strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- Tips on governing cross-border collaboration through MOU's and treaties
- Ways to develop goals and objectives for an effective cross-border strategic plan
- Why measuring success through data collection, and reporting out through case studies is vital to the success of the initiative