Apply today! 2017 RBC EPIC Business Model Canvas Competition
Thursday, September 21, 2017
The University of Windsor's Entrepreneurship Practice & Innovation Centre (EPICentre) will be hosting the second annual RBC EPIC Business Model Canvas Competition (RBC EPIC BMCC) on November 17th - 18th, 2017!
The RBC EPIC BMCC invites student entrepreneurs to learn about business models, business model validation, and the business model canvas and then demonstrate their understanding through a video submission of their own entrepreneurial experiences that exhibit these concepts. Semi-finalists will then be chosen to participate in live presentations at the University of Windsor based on the content of their video submissions. Please go to our Resources page for information on submissions.
This competition has a number of large sponsors, including Royal Bank Foundation (RBC) and Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE), leading to several large cash prizes, including a top prize of $10,000 for your venture. First place will also receive, among other prizes, an automatic qualifying entry to Canada's Business Model Competition in Halifax. Non-cash prizes for top winners also include consulting services from KMPG, incubation space at the University of Windsor, national advertising from PostMedia, and much more! All entries outside of the Windsor area may qualify for up to $1,000 towards travel and accommodations during the competition.
- Teams should consist of 2-5 members, and each member must have been enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution in 2017
- At least 50% of the team should be composed of high-level, decision-making positions for the venture they are representing, such as President, CEO, COO, etc
- Teams should own at least 20% of the venture they are representing
- Teams in their entirety must control at least 51% of the voting rights for the venture they are representing
Video Submission Requirements
- Video must be no more than 8 minutes, and must address the following points (in no particular order):
- Describe your problem-solution fit
- Describe your minimum viable product (MVP)
- Highlight your value proposition
- Use business model canvas (BMC) to explain your business model
- Explain your customer discovery and validation process (e.g. surveys, interviews)
- Explain any pivots, if relevant
- Introduce your team
***Applications are due October 16, 2017***