Six Local Windsor-Essex Festivals Top Ontario List
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Festivals & Events Ontario Announced its 2012 Top 100 Festivals & Events
We all know that Windsor and Essex County is a festival destination, and now some of our local festivals have won bragging rights!
Festivals and Events Ontario recently announced its 2012 Top 100 Festivals & Events in Ontario, and six local festivals made the list.
Submissions for the Top 100 were received for consideration in the fall of 2011 and were judged by an independent panel of judges. Festivals and events of all kinds from every corner of Ontario were represented in the submissions, from community festivals to internationally recognized events. The 2012 Top 100 Awards were given out on Saturday, March 3rd.
The six local winners from Windsor & Essex County are:
- Shores of Erie International Wine Festival (Amherstburg)
- Tecumseh Corn Festival (Tecumseh)
- River Lights Winter Festival (Amherstburg)
- Art in the Park Windsor (Windsor)
- Carrousel of the Nations (Windsor)
- The Windsor International Film Festival (Windsor)